[photo above added using Christmas M&Ms in 2012!]
Remember when I posted about different “levels” of healthy eating? Check it out here if you missed it. This is a family recipe and I have not adapted it…yet. I plan to someday when I have some time to experiment. Right now, my aversions to food are fierce and I’m sticking with known favorites….things I know I can eat. I don’t want to waste ingredients on something I’ll try and not be able to eat…especially dinners! NO new recipes for me for a while
Disclaimers: So, this family recipe is not even moderately healthy. It’s not Taco Bell BAD or anything (tee hee!) w/ lard (Crisco) BUT it has a LOT more sugar than is necessary. If you are a sugar addict, don’t make these. If you are trying to lose weight, don’t make these. If your kids or husband are trying to lose weight, don’t make these. I’m just sayin’! I made some of these for myself the other day and have enjoyed eating them in moderation. If you try the recipe, you’ll see that it makes A TON of cookies so I’ve been giving them away. I gave some to a fellow preggo friend the other day and she asked for the recipe so I thought I’d share.
Monster Cookie Recipe [Don't try to double in a 5 quarte Kitchenaid!]
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c + 2 T brown sugar (packed)
- 3 eggs
- 2 c PB (16 oz)
- 1/4 t pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 t light Karo corn syrup
- 4 1/2 c reg. oatmeal uncooked
- 2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 c M&Ms
- 1 (6 0z) package Toll House semi-sweet choco chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter with mixer.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well until fluffy.
- Add eggs, PB, vanilla & corn syrup. Beat well.
- On lowest mixer setting, add oatmeal, baking soda, salt. Stir well.
- Add M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Mix by hand before putting on pans.
- Drop dough 1/4 c at a time on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 350 deg for 12 min. Centers will be slightly soft but will “harden”
What’s your favorite not-so-healthy recipe that you make occasionally? Post a link below if it’s online!
If you try this recipe with your natural peanut butters and sugars or cutting the corn syrup, PLEASE let me know what you think!!!!