This is a new favorite. I have a bowl beside me now while I write this post! I have gone back for seconds and thirds of this every time I start!
Sorry for the slacking on posting these last few days. We’ve been getting LOT done in the kitchen….almost done! And, I’ve been studying for an exam that started 2 minutes ago! Only a month left of my Masters! So close I can taste it!
Check out the recipe….
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb rump roast, cut in 1″ cubes
- 2 cups hearty red wine
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- I will add more veggies [incl carrots] next time!
- In a saucepan:
- Over medium heat, add olive oil and braise the beef until browned on all sides.
- Remove beef to the slowcooker and pour in 1/2 cup of red wine to deglaze the pan.
- Once all the beef bits have been lifted from the pan, pour contents into a slow cooker.
- In a slow cooker:
- Add salt, pepper, onion, carrots, garlic, stock, remaining wine (in recipe), bay leaf, thyme and cayenne.
- Cover and set temperature to low. Let cook for about 8 hours.
- Lift the lid and allow the liquid to cook down a bit. You will need to sample the juices and season with salt and pepper to taste, before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Serves 14 to 16) | Ready in 8 hours 30 minutes
- 202 calories | 11 g fat | 3 g carbs | 17 g protein
source: oxygenmag.com | March 2007