Trying new things is important, especially when starting to eat healthy and exploring new, healthy foods.
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh basil, divided (2 & 1)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp capers, drained (I used more)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 oz each)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, 2 T basil, olive oil, garlic, capers and lemon peel; set aside 2 T for sauce.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of fillets with remaining vinaigrette.
- If grilling the fish, coat grill rack with cooking spray [or olive oil] before starting the grill. [Read my article on cooking spray here.]
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Brush with reserved vinaigrette and sprinkle with remaining basil.
- ADD: Green salad or green veggie (such as spinach) for a side. You can add a carb as well such as quinoa or brown rice and add similar seasonings or make extra vinaigrette.
- PREP/TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes | YIELD: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts (1 – 6 oz filet)
- 200 calories | 8 g fat (2 g sat fat) | 83 mg cholesterol | 398 mg sodium | 2 g carb | trace fiber | 32 g protein
source: Taste of Home/ Healthy Cooking Magazine | April/May 2010 | submitted by Beth Cooper of Columbus, OH